my world

Friday, July 2, 2010

I went through a bible school in March and it had been a wonderful experience for me. There is even a difference in me I can tell. Sometimes I feel selfish. Did you say why? Have never had any close relationship with anyone like I have with God…..I know you will say DAH! See it takes faith for you to feel, hear, speak with and even love someone you can’t see or touch literally. I feel selfish because have just discovered this new experience and it’s been wonderful ever since and it will be bad if I just keep it to myself. So for some couple of weeks I will be shearing with you what I learned in the bible school. Aside the fact that it will benefit you one way or the other; I will want us to rub minds together, because life is a learning process for every one of us.

Principle of faith
Heb 11:1-6

Before you read on, do you know what faith is? Have you had opportunity to experience it or have your faith being tried in anyway that you know of? O r you know about it but you don’t know if you exercise it? Am sure this will get a lot of mixed feelings but really it takes the grace of God for one to practice a true faith. But in this note from my own understanding we will learn what faith is and how we can apply it in our day-to-day life. And if you know all about faith you can please share yours with us.

Faith is fulfilling scriptural responsibilities or convictions, mind you; faith is not just having convictions but also believing in God. My pastor said faith is taking hold of the word that God has spoken to you as a person, and making that word a substance. So faith is the confident assurance that you have what God said He will do.
Remand
Mind you, faith is of the heart and not of the head. And you must act on faith. When God speak a word to you, don’t just fold your hands despite the fact that you believe it’s going to work, you must act on it to work. In Luke 5: 4-5, peter took an act of faith. Jesus ask him to launch his net into the deep, and having toiled all night and not being able to catch a fish Peter said “never the less, at your word I will let down the net” he took an action and obeyed despite his profession in fishing he did not doubt the word he heard.

Ok now let’s talk about you; do you know God have a vision for you? If you know, have you discovered yours? (Am still going to talk about vision in the course of the study) faith is all you need to accomplish God’s vision for your life. In Habakkuk 2:3 God’s vision for us is set for an appointed time but at the end it shall speak. So you need faith in God to wait for that time. And your level of faith determines your placement in destiny. In Matthew 9: 29 Jesus, having touched the two blind men said “according to your faith be it to you” in other words, what you receive from God is according to your level of faith.

Do you know that faith is the most powerful force in the universe? It determines where you are, the testimonies you receive in life Heb 11:1-3. And I so much like what verse 6 said, it says “for without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him” so it takes faith for you to even rapport with God. So the greater your faith the greater the exploit you will do.

Sometimes I just think some Christians are too familiar with church routines and God that they slack on their level of faith with God. They say they believe God but they don’t act on what they believe in. take Peter in Matt 14: 22-31 for instance, the disciples saw Jesus walking on water, Peter ask Jesus to bid him to come to him on the water (mind you, if he didn’t believe he wouldn’t have ask Jesus to ask him to come) and Jesus said he should come, Peter acted on that word and he was able to walk on water but his faith wavered and he began to sink. Jesus pulled him out and said “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” but do you know what I think from this, I think Peter was just being too familiar with Jesus, am sure he looked at Jesus, then look back at the water and himself walking on it with the wind blowing all around him, picturing himself walking on the water just didn’t fit him. That might be the point he started doubting. Check it; most Christians are like that too. Don’t try to think for God, your mind can’t phantom how God works. All you need is to just believe and act on it, because faith without works is dead. Mark 11:24.

From my faith class have come to know that faith is made up three things

• Knowledge of the word of God, this does not come by prayer, like most Nigerians do, Nigerians are praying Christians. Knowledge comes through the word. Hosea 4:6 says my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Faith comes by hearing and hearing of the word of God. Ask around, everybody that act in faith act on what he/she heard. Settle with the word of God until it rings in your heart.
• Believe, when you have taken hold of God’s word for life, you believe in it. Heb 11:6
• And again you must trust him completely, irrespective of what your five senses are telling you. Numbers 23:19, God is not a man that should lie….as He said, shall he not do it?

Do you know how does faith operates? Like I said earlier, know that faith beings from the heart in Romans 10:10 for with the heart, man believes to righteousness… God deals with us based on our heart, but remember devil can put doubt in your head but your heart must stay focus. If you are faced with a challenge in your work, family, health in any area, rapport with God, quip yourself with his word because remember the answer you give to challenges must be spiritual and not just mere words so be careful of what you confess with your mouth.
So, once you believe in your heart (Mark 11:24 says, therefore I say to you, what things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them) confess it and act upon what you confess.

Before I round up, let me quickly talk about the two secrets that will makes things work out for you, that toady’s God’s people are seriously missing out on. It’s the POWER TWINS; Faith and Patient, I remember saying that faith is the most powerful force on earth but do you know that patient is the force you need to put your faith in place. This is where many people fail, they think God’s word does not work, but it did work, patient is all they need to have, but people are not ready to persevere until answer comes. See 2Peter 3:8-9. You must understand that every great thing must be tired, your faith will be tried but you must be patient. Just understand this principle…you need faith to start it, and you need patient to finish what you started. Psalm 62:5 my soul, wait you only upon God, for my expectation is from Him.

So why rush because some close to is driving the car you so much want, your business is not working the way you want it, all your friends are married and you seems not have found the right person, you are still living in a one-room apartment. It’s the end that justifies the means.

I believe your change is coming, but you will have to wait. And remember, devil will always play with your mind but you need to hold onto God’s word and stand by it. Let me tell you my experience, it is when I start to believe that something have been asking for is answered that things around me seems not to be working. At that point, its God’s grace that put me back on track. Its not I easy my friends but you will have to start from somewhere. Don’t wait until you want something major from God, start from small decisions you need to take.

So have come to learn that trials from devil do nothing for my faith but rather it develops my patient. Like I said, it’s not easy I must say it takes His grace.

Like I said am not writing o excite you but to pass across what I have learned. Its been useful for me and I now it will benefit you too. So if you have questions, suggestions or contributions please do reply. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment